The positive effects of regular massage can have benefits in many areas of your life.
Massage therapy helps families create healthy households with clear thinking and more relaxed moms and dads.
Individuals taking care of themselves are better equipped to be responsive caregivers who can provide a sense of security—to children, partners, aging parents, or other family members.
The health benefits of massage can help forestall illnesses and lost work time, especially when you may be asked to produce more with fewer resources.
Decision-making skills will be better and your performance is likely to be improved with a clear focus and more energy.
Those with existing health conditions can continue to reap benefits in the following ways. Proactively caring for health through massage may help reduce costly doctor visits and use of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
• Massage can reduce sports-related soreness and improve circulation—good to know when you may be exercising more to reduce stress.
• Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating back pain.
• Fibromyalgia patients receiving massage have less pain, depression, anxiety, stiffness, fatigue, and problematic sleep.
• Massage reduces symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
• Oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety, and depression following massage therapy.
• Stroke patients show less anxiety and lower blood pressure with massage therapy.
• Massage therapy is effective in reducing postsurgical pain.
• Alzheimer’s patients exhibit reduced pacing, irritability, and restlessness after neck and shoulder massage.
Dave Weil CMT
1800 30th Street
Boulder, Colorado 80301